Thursday, April 25, 2013

Give the ambulance the right of way...or maybe not!


As I said before, traffic is bad here. In fact, bad is taken to a new level. Is you against everybody. Fight tooth and nail for your spot. Do not back down. NEVER, EVER, give up an inch. Honk at others even if there is no way in hell they can move one inch. Get on the opposite lane and drive against the incoming traffic. Use the sidewalk if your car is tall enough. But above all, DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT EVER MAKE WAY TO AN AMBULANCE.


I see ambulances stuck in traffic all the time and I see them being cut off all the time. It seems like everyone is voting not to believe there is a real emergency inside of that ambulance. My guess is if it were a real emergency, they would be driving AGAINST TRAFFIC???

So, I am praying none of us will be sick enough to need an ambulance here. I would not want to have to choose between waiting in traffic, like everyone else, (and maybe die) and telling my driver to go against traffic.

"Bondhu (friend), let's just try our luck driving against the traffic. I feel lucky today!" After all, is all about minimizing risk :)

No comments:

Post a Comment