Friday, February 21, 2014

Why 2013 Rocked!

2013, you have completely rocked my world! There are so many things that made you just plain awesome. 2014, you have pretty huge shoes to fill!Started my first diplomatic assignment.

Lived in Bangladesh in election year, and survived the endless days of hartals and violence.


Started writing this blog and enjoyed it tremendously.

Travelled all over Bangladesh.





Had my pictures published on the first page of a large circulation newspaper.

Visited the Tiger nest monastery and Angkor Wat temple! Crossed things off the bucket list!

Conquered my fear of flying and got on a helicopter for the first time in my life.

Started teaching English for a group of local embassy employees.

Made tons of new friends and met really awesome people.

Realized that deep inside my soul, I am actually an optimist. I can now look at the glass and see just the half full part.

Witnessed a bus being set on fire that made me realize how fragile reality can be.

Held together my family in the most severe culture shock hours.

Reconnected with my Michigan best friends.

Traveled to eighteen countries, three continents, countless villages and cities, found beauty in the most unlikely places.

Went around the world with my family and made a lifetime dream come true.

Began my year in United States and ended it in Dubai, both times with the people who have always mattered to me the most.

Realized that the more I have done, the more is left to be accomplished and that I need to move on!

Thank you 2013, for discovering a better me inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment