Sunday, August 17, 2014

Dream on

Malaria is nothing to joke about in Africa. Before I went to Tanzania, I saw the Embassy doctor in Dhaka and asked for advice. The map she pulled out to show where there is a malaria risk in the country was all colored in red, as in all high risk.

There are just three anti malaria medications and none of them comes without side effects. I was given Doxycycline, which is just a regular antibiotic. Doxy is the type of malaria medication that you have to take everyday.



People warned me I’d have crazy dreams “in living color.” I never comprehended what they meant when they said they dreamt in color. I always thought I dreamt in color. I still do think that, but the colors I saw in my dreams on the malaria meds were way more intense than my normal dreams. When I awoke from my first dream I thought that if it was preserved on a film it could really win some movie award. My dreams have never felt more real, too. I felt like they taped into some part of my brain where memories that I rarely think about are kept.

Many people complain about the doxy, to the point of switching to a milder type of medicine. What did it for me was the Dar es Salaam nurse confessing that her doxy dreams included running a very profitable brothel from her garage. I guess I did not want to break any anti trafficking law, even in my dreams , so I decided to just take the chance and rely solely on the bug spray. 

3 comments:

  1. خدمات مميزة من خلال مركز صيانة وايت ويل الذي يضم أفضل الفرق هو و مركز صيانة وايت وستنجهاوس حيث يضم مهندسين و عمالة من فنيين ذو خبرات علي مدار سنوات و يحققوا أفضل مستوي .

    للتواصل معنا عبر :-

    http://www.maintenanceg.com/White-Westinghouse-Center-Agent.html

    http://www.maintenanceg.com/White-Wale-Center-Agent.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. أرخص شركة غسيل خزانات بمكة هي شركة العنود المتخصصة في جميع المجالات حيث أنها أفضل شركات إبادة الحشرات و التي تستخدم أفضل المواد التي تقضي علي الحشرات بشكل سريع كما توفر لكم الشركة أفضل الفرق المتخصصة في عزل خزانات بمكة بإستخدام أفضل المواد.

    للتواصل معنا عبر :-

    http://www.el3nod.com/1/company-tanks-isolation-cleaning-mecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. استمتع باقوي خدمات مكافحة الحشرات بكافة انواعها مع اكبر شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام وذلك لاننا نمتلك اكبر عدد من المبيدات الحديثة التي تستخدم في مكافحة الحشرات في اقل وقت وباعلي كفاءة وذلك لاننا نمتلك عدد من الرجال المتخصصين في رش المبيدات التي تستخدم في رش المنازل كي تخلصكم من كافة الحشرات ,ان شركة ابراج دبي تعد اكبر شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام لاننانرغب في تحقيق حلمكم في الحصول علي منزل نظيف تماما وخالي من اي حشرات او من اي اتربة
    http://abraj-dubai.net/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%B8%D9%8A%D9%81-%D9%81%D9%84%D9%84-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85/

    http://abraj-dubai.net/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%B1%D8%B4-%D9%85%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%AD%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%A1/

    ReplyDelete