Saturday, March 23, 2013

Top things we are missing


Last night it rained really hard and it gave me a chance to think about what I am missing the most while we are in Bangladesh. Here is a feeble attempt to capture it:

1. Clean air. It does not matter I quit smoking a long time ago, my lungs feel just as bad as they did when I was.

2. Clean and blue skies. I have not had one day here without the sky being gray and hazy.

3. Clean water. We even have to brush our teeth with distilled water. Forget about just washing a fruit with tap water and just eating it.

4. Watching Netflix without masking my IP address

5. Starbucks coffee!!!!

6. American style supermarkets.

7. Quiet moments. It is impossible to get away from the city and its noise. And even getting outside Dhaka does not seem to help a whole lot. 

8. Not being able to get what you want when you want it. And when I order online to get it in days vs weeks.


There would be more, but I do not want to come across as whinnying.


No comments:

Post a Comment