Thursday, July 4, 2013

My brush with greatness

Occasionally in life you get a chance to rub shoulders with greatness. It's happened to me a very few times in my life. A local newspaper in my college town captured my picture with a banner protesting I do not even recall what. Some more prominent media outlets run a story about me protesting the neo communist Romanian president's visit to the United States. CNN Money magazine briefly mentioned my name as one of the "great recession" survivors in the economically ravaged state of Michigan.

However, nothing even came close to seeing my face on the first page of The Daily Star, the largest circulating English daily newspaper in Bangladesh. The story was about a visit His Excellency, Dan Mozena, the American Ambassador in Bangladesh paid to Meghna Group and to Ananda Shipyard. I will have to come back in a separate post to talk about this great man and how he never fails to inspire. For now, let's just say I had the honor and privilege to tag along and witness a new "Asian tiger" economy in the making. And bellow are some pictures I will have to show to my grandchildren when I'll bore them with my Bangladesh stories! 














No comments:

Post a Comment