Saturday, January 11, 2014

Will sabotage from within

As I said before, there is an unlimited supply of humor in the Bangla land. For a local, used to the way things are working or not working here, sometimes it might go unnoticed.

The latest giggle I got comes from the colorful political scene. The Jatiya Party, third largest biggest party here managed to grab 33 seats in the latest almost election, emerging as the largest force after the ruling party. Great news, you would think, even it is just around 10%, at least you have a voice to express a different opinion. Not so fast, now Jatiya Party wants to share power and be also part of the cabinet. Something along the line, I want my cake and eat it too!



According to every norm of democracy that I ever learned, a party having a single cabinet member can't be in the opposition. But TIB (This is Bangladesh)!

No comments:

Post a Comment